ION completes development of 4Sea system designed to revolutionize the safety, efficiency, quality and turnaround time of seabed data acquisition and imaging
4Sea's transformational architecture enables a paradigm shift in performance by centralizing operational data to power analytics and optimize decision-making using intelligent software and novel hardware. The following 4Sea components are designed to optimize ocean bottom surveys from initial planning to final processing, and while they can be used individually, maximum value is achieved as an integrated system:
- Gator™ is ION's leading ocean bottom command and control system providing intelligent connectivity and optimization for all 4Sea components.
MESA® SimSurvey™ is a software tool that optimizes survey parameters by rapidly modeling multiple acquisition scenarios to achieve imaging objectives as safely and cost effectively as possible.
- Marlin™ is an application that, similar to air traffic control, integrates activities across time and space with operational rules to improve situational awareness, safety and efficiency.
- The automated back deck is designed to significantly improve the safety and efficiency of seabed surveys by de-manning operations and tripling typical node deployment and retrieval speeds.
- New sensors capture a broader spectrum of frequencies to produce higher resolution images.
- SailWing™ is a light foil-based alternative to conventional bulky marine diverters for smarter, faster source vessel performance, reducing turn times by up to two-thirds and reducing repair time.
- The QA/QC system establishes an integrated and automated data flow from the sources and receivers that eliminates user-intensive workflows in an environment of ever increasing acquisition rates and data densities while providing ship-to-shore diagnostics to ensure data integrity and accelerated data delivery through the subsequent data processing cycle.
"ION has over a decade of experience developing and deploying ocean bottom systems around the world," said
To learn more, visit iongeo.com/4Sea.
ION develops and leverages innovative technologies, creating value through data capture, analysis and optimization to enhance critical decision-making, enabling superior returns. For more information, visit iongeo.com.
ION (Investor relations)
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
ION (Media relations)
Vice President, Communications
The information herein contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements may include information and other statements that are not of historical fact. Actual results may vary materially from those described in these forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements reflect numerous assumptions and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include the risks associated with the timing and development of
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ion-completes-development-of-4sea-system-designed-to-revolutionize-the-safety-efficiency-quality-and-turnaround-time-of-seabed-data-acquisition-and-imaging-300860096.html